Diet Modifications to Decrease Fats
I’m sure that anyone will do anything just to get rid of those unwanted and unhealthy body fats that are deeply deposited in one’s body. Along with regular exercise, a healthy diet is recommended in order to achieve a healthier or sexier body. But there is always a barrier that separates us from our dreams. In this case, it will be the food. Those delicious mouth-watering stuffs that we just can’t ignore and no matter how we resist them. It still manages to get in side of our system. But there is always a way to keep our love for foods intact. One way of doing it is to carefully choose the food we ate. Here are some great things to know about the food we love and therefore decreasing our fat intake in the process.
– When it comes to drink, water is the healthiest stuff for you and there is nothing better than that. But I know there will be time when water is just not enough. When choosing milk, choose skim milk or skim buttermilk. They contain lesser body fat than regular whole milk and chocolate milk by up to 50% and say no to evaporated milk. When it comes to sodas, they don’t contain fat contents but they do contain a bombshell of sugar. Keep your soft drink intake for just 2-3 regular cans a week.
BREADS AND CEREALS
– Choose whole grain, soda crackers and bagel breads. Unbuttered and whole grain cereals are also recommended since they contain lesser fats. Avoid tortillas, muffins with frostings, sweet rolls and sugar dipped pancakes.
These stuffsare usually made with egg whites and unhealthy oils that contain loads of unsaturated fat.
– This goes to all meat lovers out there. When choosing poultry meat, choose the breast part with no skin on it. Ducks and goose contains huge deposits of fats so it is not so healthy for a health enthusiast. For beef, the best cuts to use are the flank, sirloin, tenderloin and flank steak. Avoid processed beef like corned beef and beef ribs. For pork, almost every part except the internal organs contains almost the same amount of body fat so any cut of pork will do as long as all visible fats are removed. Avoid pork ribs spare ribs, sausages, ground pork and hamcocks. Avoid processed fished especially if they are canned and have lots of oil in them. You should also avoid bologna, salami and pimiento loaf.
– But this doesn’t mean you have to cut all connections between you and these delicious meat cuts and meat products. You are still required to eat some of these in order to complete your nutritional needs. You just have to minimize your intake of them, the general guideline in eating meat is. Your portion should not be bigger that the palm of your hand.
DESSERTS AND SWEETS
– Desserts and sweets should be done in moderation. The recommended desserts that contains lesser loads of fats are, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, yogurt, molasses, gumdrops and pudding made with skim milk. You should avoid any desserts that contain buttered milk or eggs.
Then again, you really don’t have to stop eating the foods that are loaded with fats. You just have to know your portion and you should only eat unhealthy foods in moderation. You may also want to talk to a professional dietician so that he or she can come up with exact measurements for you. Don’t also try to follow a diet regime from someone else because we all have different body composition and what works for others may not work for you.
More Diet Tips Articles